Monday, October 19, 2015

Healthy snack - Kale Chips!

Sometimes I just need to munch on a snack - especially when I'm reading or studying. Apparently utilizing my brain makes me super hungry. Well, yesterday was one of those days! 

I have a list of my "go-to" snacks, such as frozen grapes or blueberries, homemade granola, protein/energy balls, and trail mix. 

Yesterday I wanted to try something new- so I hopped on the beloved Pinterest App and found Kale Chips!

Who knew there were like 100 different flavors?! I kept it simple with some garlic grapeseed oil and sea salt. 

I threw the ingredients in a bag and mixed well. Placed them on a cookie sheet and baked at 400 degrees for 15 mins. 


My first attempt was a FAIL. Poor Clint said my breath even smelled like burned broccoli (that's exactly what it tasted like, too!) 

But alas, my second attempt was a success! 

Helpful pointers: 

Kale chips shrink tremendously! So don't cut it into tiny pieces before baking. It burns - haha. 

Do a trial run first with a little bit of kale and see how it turns out. When I used less kale, 10 minutes baking was suffice. 

Enjoy! Remember, you should never feel guilty about eating. Food can be delicious, fun, AND nutritious. 

In good health, 
Jessie 


No comments:

Post a Comment