Monday, August 26, 2013

My First Blog!



Hello, Hello!! Today was the first day of my second semester of PA School!! So as a treat- heres my "Back to School Picture." =P



Although the class only lasted 10 minutes, I was able to spend my day doing somewhat productive things. I joined my girls (Taylor and Sara) at the gym for an intense leg workout. Afterwards I meal prepped with Sara. With PA School consuming the majority of our time, its much easier to eat fast food than it is to actually prepare a healthy meal. Sara and I made a pact to meal prep together so that we can avoid eating garbage. As future health care professionals, we have to walk the walk if we want to talk the talk. Patients will be more likely to listen to us if we, too, are HEALTHY!! :) 

Todays meals:

Breakfast- AdvoCare Meal Replacement shake (Chocolate - blended with ice, banana, and strawberries) 

Lunch- Salad with romaine lettuce, spinach leaves, carrots, peppers, turkey, avocado, and cucumber 

Dinner- Spaghetti squash and green beans

Snacks (throughout the day)- Grapes, celery and natural PB, spark, post workout recovery shake

Tomorrows meals and workouts are already locked and loaded. SOOOO excited for dinner (and you'll see why.....tomorrow.)

Before I go, I wanted to leave you with something - Today wasn't easy. If it were easy, everyone would be rich, happy, fit, etc. At the gym, I had to literally PUSH myself to keep going. I'd look at Sara and Taylor and think "If they aren't stopping, I'm not stopping. One. More. Rep..." When we got home, I wanted ANYTHING fattening drenched in chocolate. Cookies, donuts, ice cream, brownies.. mmm. Again, I had to convince myself it wasn't worth it. Eating that food actually makes me feel worse! My body just THINKS it wants it. Health and Fitness is MENTAL. Whatever you do, don't give up on yourself. The benefits of living a healthy life are worth it. 

"Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity." - John F. Kennedy 

No comments:

Post a Comment