Monday, May 9, 2016

Chicken & Quinoa Chipotle Jars





This one is SO delicious!! This recipe is nutritious, simple, and so filling! 



Ingredients:
- 1/2 c black beans

- 1 c quinoa
- 1 sweet potato 
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 c cilantro
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 rotisserie chicken OR 2 chicken breasts, cooked
- Taco Seasoning
- Chipotle Seasoning

Directions 

1. Cook 1/2c raw black beans per package until done. If you used canned black beans, make sure you get low/no sodium! 
2. Add 1c quinoa, 2c water, and season to taste with taco seasoning. Cook per package, usually simmering 20-25mins. (Note: I use Wildtree because it's low sodium, but there's many options to make your own! You'll hear me say this over and over, I do not get paid to endorse Wildtree seasoning, its just healthy and I love it! Nor do I sell the product.) 
3. In a frying pan, cook 1c diced sweet potatoes in 1 tbsp coconut oil. Season to taste. I used chipotle seasoning!
4. When quinoa is done, add 2 tbsp lime juice and 1/4c chopped cilantro. Mix up, set aside.
5. Shred rotisserie chicken, or cook and shred chicken breast. I use rotisserie chicken because I make multiple meals out of it, like chicken Caesar salads (see next post)
6. Layer in a jar! I did sweet potatoes first, then chicken, black beans, and quinoa. You could top with salsa and a spoonful of greek yogurt instead of sour cream when you're ready to enjoy!


More yummy recipes in my Meal Prep Mania challenge group! 😍 You're always welcome to join us! 
Message or email me if you want to join us!
 
Message me on IG (@Jnferrell)

Email: Jesolgat@gmail.com 


In good health,
Jessie 

No comments:

Post a Comment