Sunday, September 18, 2016

Foil Pack Dinners (& bonus recipes)


Alright preppers! This week my meal prep went so smoothly, it was almost scary. I cooked a slow cooker meal, 2 foil packet meals in the oven, and 2 skillet meals simultaneously. If my husband had been home to help me chop veggies, this wouldn't only been 1.5 hours from start to finish. Since I only have 2 hands, it took 2.5 hours. 

Grocery list: 
- 3lb bag red skinned potatoes 
- 2 summer squash 
- 2 zucchini 
- 4 onions 
- 1 large or 2 small heads of broccoli 
- 5-7 large carrots 
- 2 cobs of corn, cut in halves 
- fish ( I used 2 cod, 2 salmon) 
- 7-8 chicken breasts (large ones (>6oz) I would fillet in half 
- 2 steaks (I used NY strip) 
- brown rice 
- pork tenderloin 


Slow cooker pork loin

Add carrots, onion, and red skinned potatoes in the bottom of slow cooker. Drizzle with olive oil and season to taste. I used Mrs Dash's herb and garlic seasoning. Place pork loin on top of veggies. Season to taste (I used a pork rub I have, you could also marinate it). Cook on low 6-8H. YUM! 

Stir Fry Skillet Meal 
Add cubed chicken to skillet with olive oil and freshly minced garlic. I used 3 small chicken breasts (you can use 2 large). Once cooked thoroughly, add chopped broccoli ( 1/2 large head or 1 small head), mushrooms, peppers, and onion. You can also add other veggies of your choice! Add about 6 tablespoons of liquid aminos (soy sauce alternative). I seasoned with a salt free seasoning, but you're welcome to season with pepper, red pepper flakes, more garlic, etc. Liquid Aminos is salty so don't add more salt. Cook until veggies are steamed. Serve on 1/4c brown rice!
(I was cooking simultaneously on rice cooker). 


Steak Fajita Skilet 
Cut 2 steaks into bite size chunks. Cook in skillet with olive oil. Once edges are brown, add in peppers & onion. (Optional: add jalapenos). Add 1/4c water and fajita seasoning and then to low-medium to cook thoroughly. Served on 1/4c brown rice OR you could serve on salad. :) 

My new rice cooker!! Bought this bad boy yesterday and I love it! 


Worth every penny. 😍


Foil dinners 

Ok, so now foil dinners. Y'all, I have no idea why I haven't done these every week. They are SO good!! I remember growing up and making these on the camp fire. We would use ground beef and veggies, but this is the exact same concept. 

Simply place veggies and your choice of meat on a square of aluminum foil. Season to taste and wrap up. Bake or grill until cooked. 


The first meal I used BBQ chicken, corn, red skinned potatoes, zucchini and squash. 


The second meal I used cod and salmon, and broccoli. 

Chicken was seasoned with pepper & smothered in BBQ sauce. The veggies were drizzled in olive oil and seasoned with Mrs Dash herb & garlic seasoning (salt free!). For the fish, I used lemon juice and lemon pepper. 


After seasoning is added, wrap up your packs and bake or grill. 

I baked chicken at 400 degrees for 25-30
Mins. Fish was baked at 350 for 20-25 mins.


Finish product! 

There's so many options you can do. Like I mentioned before, you can use burger. You can also make steak/chicken fajitas with onion and peppers, salsa smothered chicken that's perfect for taco salad!, and many more. :) Enjoy! 

Before I go, I wanted to give a shoutout to my current meal prep challengers participating in my family challenge! Ya'll are doing so amazing and I am SO proud of you for picking up some healthier eating habits. The truth is, we are approaching the season in which people gain the MOST weight, but not you. You have a plan in place and will be on track. :) This makes me SO HAPPY. 

If you're interested in joining our challenge, you're always welcome to join at any time! We are focusing on healthy eating, exercising, and also gaining energy/ losing weight for those that have that personal goal. 💪🏼 Message me on FB or email info@cj-fitness.com ! 

Happy Sunday! ♥️

- Jessie 

No comments:

Post a Comment