Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Decisions now impact your life later.

I'm on my lunch break from school right now. I just spent my entire morning learning about the cardiovascular system and diseases associated with it. In fact, I'll spend my entire DAY (from 9-5) in the classroom learning about this topic. As I was sitting in class, I looked down at my notebook, and a specific portion of my notes stuck out more than ever:

     

 It then occurred to me that the title of our blog "Making a change now will forever change tomorrow" has a new meaning. Every decision we make now will later affect our life. The food we eat, the amount we exercise, and the things we drink all slowly cause changes inside our body. This is SO important for people to understand! Too many people think they don't need to worry about hypertension, diabetes, heart disease, etc until they are older, but this couldn't be further from the truth. 


       


So when you're lazy, FORCE yourself to go work out... Even if its just 30 minutes of power walking!

When you want junk food, pop, terrible energy drinks, alcohol, etc... remind yourself its not worth it!

Its ok to consume these things in moderation, but the sky high obesity rate is proof enough that many don't  know what moderation is. Please care about yourself enough to know you deserve a long, healthy life, and care about others enough to share this message. 

No comments:

Post a Comment