Monday, September 9, 2013

Plan Meals!!

When I started my first 24 Day Challenge, I realized that on the cleanse phase, certain foods were highly recommended, while other foods should be avoided. For instance: consume dairy in moderation, but eat a lean protein, vegetable/fruit, and complex carbohydrate for lunch. This required planning on my behalf. 

      


All too often, I got in the habit of opening the fridge and grabbing whatever was quick and convenient for me, but that got me into trouble. I'm so glad that I ended up committing to this challenge because I'm now on my fourth cleanse, and I have meal planning down to a science. 

I'm not normally a food Nazi. In fact, I love to indulge on pizza or ice cream every now and then. Thats the problem with nutrition nowadays though. People don't understand that those treats cannot be consumed everyday, and when they are, they are problematic to your health. Once you start eating the right food, you'll notice a change in the way you feel. Its almost like the fog has been lifted from your head, and you have so much more ENERGY

So, how do I do this? On Sundays, I decide what I'm eating Monday - Sunday. I usually make a lot for dinner so that I can eat it for lunch the following day. I also drink an AdvoCare Meal Replacement Shake for breakfast every day (its super convenient, extremely healthy, and involes less planning). Once I have my menu created, I make a grocery list. I go and get all of my groceries for the week. All of the things that I need are usually within the perimiter of the store. The majority of my meals involve fruits, vegetables, and meats. 

A few tips: 
-Cook some lean meat (chicken, turkey, etc) once you return from the store, and stick it in a tupperware dish. You'll be able to use it for salads, wraps, etc. Thats like my "Go-To" meal. 

-Chop up some vegetables that you'd use for salad toppings, snacks, or sandwiches. I promise you - this will get you eating more veggies.

- Wash fruit and put it into a container. If fresh berries are as easily accessible as chips, you'll choose the healthier of the two. 

-Lastly, dont buy junk. If it isn't in your house, you can't eat it!

It does take some getting used to, and that is why I'm so glad I did my first 24 Day Challenge. It was kind of the stepping stone to a healthier me. Anyone can do this! Its just a matter of if you want to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment