Thursday, January 9, 2014

Are You Willing to Work For It?

I'm writing today's blog not for myself, but to inspire others to not make the same mistakes I've made. Let's be honest....the easiest way out of anything is just to avoid it, right? Well, that's not always the case and I'll tell you why.

You may have heard people over the course of time say they "have a strong PURPOSE" for whatever they're doing.  For the longest time, I thought this was the silliest thing I had heard. Sure, I thoroughly enjoyed what I did and the opportunities made available to me because of AdvoCare, but I didn't believe in that PURPOSE stuff I kept seeing all over Facebook. This morning as I finished drinking my Spark and prepped breakfast, Jessie was still sound asleep in bed so I checked on her and made sure she was tucked in tight. Then it hit me -- I was WRONG!  Now if you know me at all, you'll remember I don't often admit when I'm wrong, except to my beautiful sidekick just because she melts my heart.  I said it out loud while standing in the kitchen; loud enough my 5 year old nephew asked me, "Wrong about what, Uncle Clint?"  Oh, nothing buddy, just a major concern in life.....no big deal.




I had a PURPOSE all along!  Jessie and I have a very unique relationship; a relationship that takes hard work, dedication, a love bigger than Texas, and determination through the roof. See she and I aren't the average couple. We're both in our mid-/late-20s and in school full time, but we live 1,300 miles apart. We go to the end of the world for each other to make sure we see each other several times a year.  We both know there's not many couples out there than can do long distance, but we kick some serious tail at it.

As Jessie continues to sleep in this morning (I'm accustomed to it), I realize my PURPOSE is time with her.  You see, I have to take her back to the airport tomorrow afternoon so she can get back to school in Michigan. That's the part we hate the most, so what am I doing about it? Working. Working until I achieve my goal and see my PURPOSE grow more and more. If you noticed the word purpose in bold, all caps, and italics, it's because it is VERY important in life.  You can never have enough time with your loved ones, and being with mine makes me the wealthiest man in the world.



Measure wealth not by the things you have, but by the things you have for which you would not take money. – Anonymous


No comments:

Post a Comment