Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Day 2: Treat yourself!

Hello, Hello! It's me, Jessie, with Day 2 updates. 

Let me just start off by saying that today I not only set my alarm for 6AM, but I woke up, AND ran 3 miles!! I was so proud of myself. I am not a morning person. Ask Clint and he will tell you that I'm a professional sleeper. My run today was great though. My energy was through the roof, and I'm so glad that I got my workout in before I had class all day. 

My meals were all prepared ahead of time so I didn't cheat at all. I didn't even have coffee. How many coffee drinkers out there? There's just something about that smell in the morning, holding a nice hot mug when its freezing cold out, and taking a sip of that delicious flavor. My mouth is literally watering while thinking about it!! With the challenge, you are supposed to avoid drinking coffee. Reason 1: it's acidic, and your cleansing. That could potentially hurt your guts. 2: Most people load it with cream, sugar, etc so your coffee because extremely unhealthy. 3. The caffeine in coffee results in a crash. With the challenge, I drink my Spark. I like to call it crack juice because I'm a productive ball of energy when I drink it. Its slow released caffeine so there isn't a crash, and it helps me focus in class. After the cleanse, I may have an occasional coffee. I literally love that taste! When it comes to needing energy, however, I go with my crack juice. :) 

Transitioning into this healthy lifestyle was and still is challenging for me. When I first started, I wrote down goals, and when I met those goals, I rewarded myself. If I worked out X times a week for Y amount of weeks, I would buy myself a new fitness shirt or shorts. If I did a competition like a 5K, Tough Mudder, or box competion (Crossfit), I'd get an entire fitness outfit. It became a fun game. As time went on, I began challenging myself more and more. I reward myself with sweets every now and then when I eat healthy, and I reward myself with fitness gear when I meet a fitness goal. 

If you're struggling committing to a healthier lifestyle, follow these steps :

1. WRITE your goal down! Ex: I want to lose 10 lbs by April 1st. I want to run a 5K by May 1st. I want to eat clean meals every day until April 1st. I want to work out 3 times a week until May 1st, then increase to 5. WHATEVER your goal, write it down, and put a DATE. 
2. Place your goals where you can SEE them. If its in your face, its hard to avoid.
3. Reward yourself. 

It makes fitness exciting and fun! :)

My latest fitness goal is to train for a half marathon. Clint actually made this HIS goal, but it sounded like so much fun so I took it too! WHEN I complete this training on May 3, 2014 I am buying myself a juicer!

                                

THAT is beets, carrots, apples, red peppers, oranges, lemons, & red cabbage - all juiced for a delicious snack. :) Had this one today, and it was delicious! 

Well, off to bed. Tommorrow is a 5:00AM wakeup call for a 5:30 date at the gym. 

No comments:

Post a Comment